MONEY IN SONGS: THE ECO PLAYLIST

On the occasion of the Fête de la musique on Sunday, here is a selection of songs that talk about money. The one we dream of, the one we won, the one who envies…


Need or envyMoney Honey, The Drifters, popularized by Elvis Presley (1956) “Well, I said:“ Tell me, baby, what's wrong with you? ” / “From this day on our romance is through” / I said: “Tell me, baby, face to face / How could another man take my place?” // She said: “Money, honey / Money, honey / Money, honey / If you want to get along with me” Ah! If I had a franc fifty, Boris Vian (1968) “Ah! If I had a franc fifty / I would soon have two francs fifty / Ah! If I had two francs fifty / I would soon have three francs fifty ... "Ah, if I were rich ... Ivan Rebroff (1968)" Lord! You gave birth / Far too many poor people / But if there is no shame in being poor / There is nothing to be proud of either / What harm would there be / If I had a small fortune? // Ah if I was rich / Diguedadedadedadedadedadedadedaaaah! »> Adapted under the name Riche by Rita Mitsouko and Doc Gynéco (1996)« Finished, McDo and Filet-O-Fish / You would know my doe if I were rich / I would not be on the porch to sell chicken / I would roll in Porsche if I had cash ... "Money, Money, Money, Abba (1976)" I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay / Ain 't it sad / And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me / That's too bad "Low Budget, The Kinks (1979)" Excuse my shoes, they don't quite fit / They're a special offer and they hurt me a bit / Even my trousers are giving me pain / They were reduced in a sale so I shouldn't complain "Material Girl, Madonna (1984)" They can beg and they can plead / But they can't see the light / 'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash / Is always Mister Right //' Cause we are living in a material world / And I am a material girl »Billionaire, Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars (2010) “I wanna be a billionaire so f * cking bad / Buy all of the things I never had / Oh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine / Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen” I Need a Dollar, Aloe Blacc (2010) "And if I share with you my story / Would you share your dollar with me? // […] I need a dollar / A dollar is what I need ”Money Trees, Kendrick Lamar feat.


To be rich goodbye the gray blouses / In China, the factory, we are relocating // Courts have tumbled / The banks may have laughed // The box has leaked, but thumb! We're going to take it easy / The pill, we're going to brown it / I have the parachute, hush! Doré ”Money, Cardi B (2018)“ But nothing in this world that I like more than checks ”


Deserved money She Works Hard For The Money, Donna Summer (1983) "She works hard for the money / So hard for it, honey / She works hard for the money / So you better treat her right" Having money, Youssoupha (2018) “Leave the ghetto permanently / Bury all the people you love with dignity / Carry out your most daring projects / Take the plane more often than the RER // […] I passed the age of 'get paid in good feelings / I too started at the bottom, I can put myself in your place' 4 Million, Kikesa (2019) 'Put me four million euros in the bag then I emigrate in the North / The new hippies at my te-cô, pay me cash, pay me cash "


Fraud The Extraordinary Adventures of a Bank Note, Bernard Lavilliers (1975) "If you only knew what I know / In which hands I passed / You wouldn't care much / For your little eternity / I ' wanted to redeem myself / But now, I was too expensive / Since the financiers / Put my virtues on auction »Les Faux Talbins (= notes), Sanseverino (2009)« What would I like to have my hands / Full of fake cabins / Feel the noise of new paper, the smell of ink with both hands »Dirty money, La Fouine (2016)« All my life I made dirty money / Make it dirty money […] / Dirty kid, everyone needs a boss / When I tumble into a Porsche / There’s no need to talk about it ”


The money that arouses desires Money for Nothing, Dire Straits (1985) "Now look at 'em yo-yo's / That's the way you do it / You play the guitar on the MTV / That is not workin', that's the way you do it / Money for nothin 'and chicks (= "girls") for free »Mo' Money Mo 'Problems, The Notorious BIG feat. Mase, Puff Daddy, Kelly Price (1997) “Now, who's hot, who not? / Tell me who rock, who sell out in the stores […] I don't know what they want from us / It's like the more money we come across / The more problems we see »


ContestantTaxman, The Beatles (1966) "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street / If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat / If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat / If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet "The Man Who Sold The World, David Bowie (1970), taken over by Nirvana (1994)" Who knows? Not me / [I] never lost control / You're face to face / With the man who sold the world "Money, Pink Floyd (1973)" Money, it's a crime / Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie / Money, so they say / Is the root of all evil today / But if you ask for rising / It's no surprise that they're giving none away "Money too expensive, Telephone (1980)" Wheat has teeth sharp / And the hyenas will devour it / The kid will become a banker / Or the kid will be washed, washed / I say, money / Too expensive / Too big / Too big / Life is priceless »Get The Money, Iggy Pop (1993) “Money, money, money, money, money / Its kind of like a fortress, it's kind of like a tomb / Sitting with your money in a nearly dark room” Des p'tits sous, Saez (2010) "Type, type on the keyboards, all on the coin hunt / Little kids to sell who we are, at the auction on the markets // Little kids, little kids, who want kids 'breasts under? "L'Argent, Zoufris Maracas (2015)" I no longer want to eat, you can keep your money / Continue to be exploited by white-collar wolf dogs / And you little CEO, who are walking on people's mouths / To not serve your ideas, I give up my teeth / I may have less to eat, but I will use my time / You that money has devoured, you can not say as much "La Thune, Angèle (2018) "And what's the use? / You're so alone with your money / You don't even know why you're all the time / With sentimental might os "


No need for money or that of others Can't Buy Me Love, The Beatles (1964) "I'll give you all I've got to give / If you say you love me too / I may not have a lot to give / But what I've got I'll give to you / I don't care too much for money / Money can't buy me love "Independent Women, Destiny's Child (2000)" The watch I'm wearing ', I've bought it / The house I live in, I've bought it / The car I'm driving, I've bought it / I depend on me, I depend on me »Price Tag, Jessie J (2011) "It's not about the money, money, money / We don't need your money, money, money / We just wanna make the world dance / Forget about the price tag"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to succeed in winning over your competitors

The advantages of taking out insurance

What happens if I want to cancel insurance in the middle of the year